A few random thoughts on Game 1 last night:
- Why can’t Channing Frye shoot on the road? He’s such an asset at home but a waste of space on the road
- Amare you had 3 rebounds in 35 mins. No way the Suns can win with that performance.
- Robin Lopez looked a little awkward running last night and I wonder if his back holds up for the entire series or if it is just a trust factor
- Lamar Odom is really good sometimes
- Lakers had 4 guys with 5 assists or more..that’s how basketball should be played
- The Lakers shot 47% from 3pt range while the Suns only shot 23%..who would have thought that?
I don’t think we learned a whole lot from last nights game. Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Artest all had great shooting games which is why the Lakers won. The Suns shoot much better at home so I don’t anticipate them losing at home but for the same reason it’s tough to see them winning in LA.
It’s gotta be tough to officiate this series with so many floppers out there in Fisher, Nash, Gasol, etc. At the same time, you have guys like Kobe, Dudley, Artest, Amare, etc who like to use their hands on both offense and defense so a few calls either way could have a big impact. Think about what happened to Grant Hill in the 3rd quarter. Something to keep your eye on.
Alvin Gentry should be paid very well.
So I actually watched most of an NBA game yesterday…well ok…maybe most of the 2nd half. That was an accomplishment as I was more interested in Michigan State vs Michigan.
That horrible call by Bennett Salvatore almost swung the game to the Lakers…horrible call at the end of the game when he said that the alley-oop on the out of bounds play was in the cylinder. That is the type of call that sets off NBA fans and the horrible officiating that takes place. That entire game was called poorly for both teams…all the touch fouls, etc. But that idiot made a game changing call taking away two points from the Magic in a critical moment. Why would any official make that call? He should be suspended a game for that.
Kobe…why haven’t you learned to play in an offense? Yes, you can make a few passes here and there but you have no idea how to operate in an offense. Lots of horrible shots by you down the stretch…sure some went in but they weren’t good shots. And my favorite is after he hits the long 2 which he thinks is a 3..he starts celebrating to the camera and to the crowd but not with his teammates. Hey how about thanking the guy who set that screen? and then it gets called a two and he looks like an idiot. love it.
Did I enjoy the game on Sunday? Let’s just say that I wish someone had a replay of the Michigan St/Michigan game instead. See you in the playoffs NBA.