- Strange that everyone is shocked that Alex Barron struggled against one of the better pass rushers in the league…there’s a reason a team like the Rams got rid of him
- Larry Johnson you can’t go out of bounds in that situation…dive on the ground
- Joey Galloway…starting WR…
And the worst play of the game for the Dallas Cowboys? This will shock you but it was the throw by Tony Romo with about 30 seconds left in the game with the cowboys at around the 40 yard line. Romo drops back and throws a horrible pass right to Carlos Rogers and 3 other Redskin defenders who end up dropping the interception to ice the game. It was a horrible decision by Romo that should have cost the cowboys the game and resulted in every cowboys fan talking about what a bad decision Romo made but because Rogers dropped the easy interception everyone focuses on the below average Alex Barron.
Alex Barron is not the starting right tackle for the Dallas Cowboys so that can be corrected but Tony Romo is the starting QB and throws like that will be what costs the Dallas Cowboys. Why did Romo make that throw?
Posted in Dallas Cowboys, football, News, NFL, Sports, Washington Redskins
Tagged alex barron, carolos rogers, dallas cowboys, football, NFL, sunday night game, tony romo, washington redskins
Why doesn’t the NFL make a few changes to their combine?
- Make players wear helmets
- Make players wear shoulder pads
- Make players wear football pants
- Hold film study sessions with a written test at the end to see if players pay attention and understand tendencies
I think these would be huge changes to the combine and they just make sense. Players should be wearing what they play in when they run their 40 times and go through their drills. I’d extend it to Pro Days as well. I was watching Tim Tebow throw and it’s completely different throwing with a helmet and shoulder pads on than without. Let’s see if he’s still accurate with that throwing motion.
I know that agents and current college players would be against this for the most part because all the 40 times would decrease but the NFL runs the thing so they can set the rules. Why should the NFL care? The closer they can get to simulating real game situations the better their scouting and evaluation should be and that means theoretically the owners will save money by drafting more efficiently. That should be enough to both motivate and convince the owners and the NFL to make these changes.
Instead of arguing over overtime rule changes, why don’t they fix the combine?
Posted in football, News, NFL, NFL Draft, Scouting, Sports, Tim Tebow
Tagged athletes, NFL, NFL Draft, nfl scouting combine, Tim Tebow
Wow…what a piece of *(%#E)987 last night.
Is this what watching a soap opera is like? It has to be..the over acting, bad camera work, stupid plot twists…this show blows now. I mean really really blows. It’s not even watchable anymore, the only reason I kept watching last night was so that I could do this blog post. How sad is that?
Two good things about last night: no president taylor and no renee.
Bad Things about last night:
- Marco’s acting. God that was awful. I felt bad for everyone involved in that scene. What casting director could possibly pick him to play a role?
- Dana Walsh’s existence…kill her off now. Toss Cole with her. No one cares about either of these crappy characters and their whole subplot
- President Hassan sucks too. And what was up with that hug with his wife? Is this an after school special?
- Tarin and Kayla Hassan. Fits the soap opera perfectly. Hey let’s show them having sex for no other reason then that we need a sex scene. And what a surprise? The guy you have been showing closeups on is actually the twist in the plot! He is a bad guy! Why does 24 have to tip us off on every plot twist. I’m actually expecting Tarin to be working under cover as a double agent.
Oh yeah one more thing…hey genius Marco…if Jack takes your mom to the nuke site…which would be impossible anyways as they won’t be letting people just walk there…he would die also. Weak Weak Weak writing.
Let me also tell you who sucks behind the scenes:
Brad Turner who has been directing episodes since 2004. Milan Cheylov who has directed episodes since 2007.
Brandon Braga who has been writing episodes since 2009. Alex Gansa who also has been writing episodes since 2009. Patrick Harbinson who has written 3 episodes in 2010.
Many Coto and David Fury who have produced episodes since 2005. Ditto Brad Turner. Brannon Braga and Alex Gansa have been co-executive producers the last two years when this show has gone in the tank. Blame those idiots.
And Series Casting…which is absolutely horrible: Debi Manwiller and Peggy Kennedy…Please quit your jobs today. There was a specialty casting person who worked from 2002 – 2007..bring them back: Patricia Homan Davila.
Why do they have all these Indian actors playing Iranians? Is there anyone out there who is enjoying this season?
Posted in 24, Day to Day Stuff, Deep Thoughts, entertainment, News, Stupid Things, Television
Tagged 24, entertainment, Humor, keifer sutherland, reviews, season 8, Television
I believe that the new policies on concussions will have a huge impact on the NFL and the upcoming labor agreement.
- Rosters will have to increase – there have been grumblings about this anyway
- Game Day Rosters will have to increase
- Injured Reserve may have to change and allow players to come back after 4 or 6 weeks
- A combination of the above will have to take place at some level
Remember the NFL is also looking to increase the number of games per year. There is no way NFL teams can run under the current roster limits if players are held out longer for concussions and games are increased. More players in the NFL means that the current dollar splits won’t suffice either. Could make an already complicated labor agreement even moreso.
Posted in Day to Day Stuff, Deep Thoughts, football, Health, News, NFL, Sports
Tagged concussions, Economy, labor, NFL, players, Sports