I decided to actually watch CNN tonight to hear what all the pundits had to say about the bailout failing to pass. Let’s just say my head hurts now. Before I even get into the Dems and Repubs, it’s amazing to me that we only hear one side of this argument. Everything on the news is how the bailout just has to be passed and it was a major mistake not to pass it. What about the other side?
I even heard these morons say that yes the bailout is horrible but we just have to pass it. We do? Can’t we pass something else? Don’t we have the power to rewrite bills or make new bills that may work better? I seem to remember reading that in Government Class. CNN completely ignored the other side of the argument in all their newscasts tonight. It’s like I’m listening to the state run news network just repeating the talking points handed to them by the administration…strange feeling. This is the United States of America, right?
Ok, now on to Congress…Now let me see, I’ll start with the Repubs blaming Pelosi’s speech (her Speech!) for the bill not passing. Seriously?
- Did your feelings get hurt? How old are you idiots?
- Just once, just once, I would love to hear the Republicans take responsibility for their actions. Guys you failed to get the votes to pass this bill. End of story.
- They BLAMED THE SPEECH! They continue to just amaze me.
Ok now I’m going to rip the Dems…so any Democrats out there who can’t take it then you better look away.
- Pelosi why do you still have a job? Every day that you wake up do you look in the mirror and just ask yourself if you can screw up as bad as you did the day before?
- Did the Dems blame the Repubs for not getting enough votes? They said that they got their fair share and the Republicans didn’t get theirs. Are your legs broken? Get off your asses and go get more votes if you believe in this thing so much. WTF? That’s the weakest argument I’ve ever heard…oh wait. They blamed THE SPEECH!
So CNN went on to say that the house Republicans who voted against the bill were putting their re-elections ahead of the country. But, then they went on to say that 90% of the calls into those same Repubs offices have been against the bailout. Don’t they work for those people? Aren’t they supposed to represent them? I’m so sick of this crap about putting the country ahead of everything else…this is not the Soviet Union! You are free to have differing views here in this country. In fact, it’s healthy and natural.
The majority of American people do not support this bill and the congress who represents them voted it down. So what’s the problem? If it’s so important then explain it to the people of this country and stop trying to scare them into supporting it. I mean, I know that’s Bush’s only motivational tactic but someone in congress should be able to do something. How about those two idiots running for President? Maybe they could explain it to the American people. I’m pretty sure that’s how this whole thing called government was supposed to work.
And does anyone, anyone have a problem with the Democrats in Congress lining up behind President Bush on this?
I know this post is long but I got one more thing to say. Where is Dick Cheney? Where do you think his money is? Dubai?