A few random thoughts on Game 1 last night:
- Why can’t Channing Frye shoot on the road? He’s such an asset at home but a waste of space on the road
- Amare you had 3 rebounds in 35 mins. No way the Suns can win with that performance.
- Robin Lopez looked a little awkward running last night and I wonder if his back holds up for the entire series or if it is just a trust factor
- Lamar Odom is really good sometimes
- Lakers had 4 guys with 5 assists or more..that’s how basketball should be played
- The Lakers shot 47% from 3pt range while the Suns only shot 23%..who would have thought that?
I don’t think we learned a whole lot from last nights game. Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Artest all had great shooting games which is why the Lakers won. The Suns shoot much better at home so I don’t anticipate them losing at home but for the same reason it’s tough to see them winning in LA.
It’s gotta be tough to officiate this series with so many floppers out there in Fisher, Nash, Gasol, etc. At the same time, you have guys like Kobe, Dudley, Artest, Amare, etc who like to use their hands on both offense and defense so a few calls either way could have a big impact. Think about what happened to Grant Hill in the 3rd quarter. Something to keep your eye on.
Alvin Gentry should be paid very well.